Friday, March 02, 2007

Vegetable Oven Omelet

My friend Linda has chickens and so always has an abundance of eggs at her house. This recipe is for her.

I love omelets, but I never make them. Too much of a pain when you have children. Instead, I make my omelets in the oven.

Vegetable Oven Omelet
1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese (4 oz.)
3 c. of your favorite veggies, chopped
2 med. tomatoes, chopped
3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
2 c. milk
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
8 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Layer the first 4 ingredients, in the order listed, in the casserole.

Beat milk, flour, salt, and eggs until frothy. Pour over cheese.

Bake uncovered until eggs are set, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, then cut and serve.

(For a smaller family, click HERE for a similar recipe that uses half the ingredients.)

No comments: